Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately.
Purpose of Job: Create a positive learning environment where the children learn sportsmanship, fundamental skills, teamwork, and responsibility.
Job Description: Cocoa Youth Athletics Corporation programs emphasize skill development, fair play, teamwork, cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility, and fun. Each participant should be provided the opportunity to play in every game, and play different positions on the field/court.
• Have a desire to work with children, enthusiasm, patience, organization, maturity, dependability, and be responsible.
• Be 18 years or older
• Be available at the times when games, practices, and meetings are held.
• Be fingerprinted and pass a Level 2 background check.
• Regular attendance at scheduled practices and games.
• Regular attendance at parent/coaches meetings upon notification.
• Communicate program information to parents and players.
• Hold a pre-season parent meeting.
• Teach fundamental skills to the children while emphasizing skill development, fair play, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun.
• Be on time for all practices and games or find a replacement that is acceptable by CYAC BOD.
• Provide a safe environment for practice and games by checking the condition of fields and equipment each day. Examine all fields prior to each game for unexpected hazards. Notify the Director of Facilities and CYAC Board member as soon as possible of any unsafe conditions.
• Teach skills in developmentally appropriate stages.
• Enforce all CYAC and Brevard County Parks and Recreation Department policies and rules.
• Be responsible for the children until they are turned over to a parent or guardian before leaving the field/gym.
• Provide proper first aid when injuries occur. Notify the CYAC Director of Athletic Training or Football Commissioner when your first aid kit needs replenished. Fill out and turn in an accident report form to the CYAC BOD the day after any injury occurs that requires more than simple first aid. Call 911 for any severe injury.
• Report any problems with fields, equipment, player behavior, parent behavior, or officials to the on-site CYAC BOD.
• Abide by all officials’ decisions.
• Be accessible by phone or email.
• Assist the officials in deciding when to cancel a game during inclement weather. Any sign of lightning shall require the game to be stopped.
• Read and have player roster/cards for all players at every practice and game. You will be responsible for knowing the existing medical conditions of your players that are listed on their registration form.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to: email@example.com
Commissioner of Football
Phone: (321) 403-8275
Select an option to continue with the registration.